- Copy the text below and paste it in a text-editing program (Microsoft Word/ Open office, etc.).
- Play the audio and fill in the blanks in the text you have pasted in the text-editing program.
- Answer the questions in the test below.
- Download the Answer Sheet (Quiz questions included.)
Intermediate English Listening Comprehension and Test
Figo the Dog Saves His Blind Owner
1. Listen to the text and fill in the blanks.
Time and time __________, dogs prove why they are called “man’s best __________”.
Well, one Golden Retriever is __________more than that, he is now a woman’s __________. Figo was leading his blind __________, Audrey Stone across the __________in Brewster, New York when a mini __________bus was heading right for them. The driver of the __________later said that he didn’t see the two crossing. But the __________saw the bus, and sensing danger, Figo’s protective instincts kicked in. And this dog literally jumped in __________of the bus for his owner. Is that __________or what?
The impact was so __________that the Golden’s fur was found stuck to one of the wheels. 62 year-old Stone suffered a fractured __________and ankle, broke three ribs, and cut her head. But if her __________friend weren’t there, she would’ve been lucky to have survived. Despite his injuries, Figo’s seemed the most upset when his owner had to __________for the hospital.
2. Important English vocabulary in the text:
|heading (here)||to move towards to somebody/ something|
|kick in||to start to work|
|literally||word for word|
|impact||crash, violent contact|
|despite||even with, no matter that|
3. Answer the questions: