Improve your English with listening exercises
English Listening Exercise for Intermediate Learners:Zebras (Animals and Nature)
Description: This is an intermediate English listening comprehension/ fill in the blanks exercise, which you can either do online or download as .doc file to work on your computer. Also available for download are the audio file (.mp3) as well as the Answer Sheet (including quiz questions) below.
Topic: Animals and Nature
2. Read the explanations of the vocabulary:
- predator – an animal that kills and eats other animals
- mammal – an animal that feeds its babies on milk from its body
- unique – different from everyone and everything else, special
- fingerprint – the lines on the end of a finger or thumb, the mark left from that pattern
- pattern – a design of lines, shapes, colors,
- to chase – to run after something/ someone in order to catch them
- camouflage – the way that the color/ shape of an animal mixes with everything around so that it cannot be seen easily.
3. Answer the questions: