Advanced English listening comprehension
The Lioness And The Oryx – Predator adopting Prey?
In this lesson you will hear a story about a lioness adopting an antelope calf. Listen to the story, fill in the blanks and answer the quiz questions.
Tip! If you are working online, you can press the Tab button to jump to the next blank while listening.
You can download the text as well as the audio to work on your computer. Below, you can download the answers.
2. Answer the questions.
3. Important vocabulary to remember.
- calf – a young cow, elephant or other mammal
- predator – an animal that eats other animals
- prey – an animal haunted for food (do not confuse with pray!)
- Oryx – a genus consisting of four large antelope species
- defy – to oppose, resist
- trauma – an emotional or physical wound, shock
- obsessive-compulsive – a tendency to dwell on unwanted thoughts or ideas or perform certain repeated actions, especially as a defense against anxiety
- spark – to activate, to set in motion
This lesson is based on a YouTube Video. You can watch the full video here